[AFS3-std] rxgk CombineTokens and enctypes

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:54:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> I haven't reviewed the series completely yet, but I wonder if initial
> error list for CombineTokens is far too verbose. It isn't clear to me
> the situation in which many of the suggested errors would occur, and I'm
> wary of over specifying here.

It's quite possible that the current list is too large.  I was essentially
brainstorming when coming up with it, and some of the scenarios may be
application-specific (and thus end up in the high half of the range).
I consider the list quite flexible at the moment and welcome more input.
I'll include the current list below for the mailing list to comment.

-Ben

    RXGK_CT_SUCCESS  The CombineTokens operation completed successfully.

    RXGK_CT_NOT_IMPL  The server will refuse all CombineTokens requests.

    RXGK_CT_BAD_ENCTYPE  None of the enctypes supplied by the client are
          acceptable to the server.

    RXGK_CT_BAD_LEVEL  None of the security levels supplied by the client
          are acceptable to the server.

    RXGK_CT_RECURSE  One or more of the supplied tokens was the result of
          a previous CombineTokens operation, and the server will refuse
          to perform the CombineTokens operation recursively.

    RXGK_CT_EXPIRED  One or more of the input tokens was already expired.

    RXGK_CT_ENCTYPE_MISMATCH  The client supplied a list of enctypes
          disjoint from the enctypes used by the two input tokens, and
          the server is configured to reject such enctype renegotiation.

    RXGK_CT_LEVEL_MISMATCH  The client supplied a list of security levels
          disjoint from the security levels used by the two input tokens,
          and the server is configured to reject such security level
          renegotiation.

    RXGK_CT_TOPOLOGY  The compound identity of the two input tokens
          cannot be represented in the application's scheme because the
          topology of the tree of CombineTokens operations involved is
          too complicated.