[AFS3-std] bibxml for finished documents

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:11:39 -0500 (EST)

When referring to internet drafts from other (XML source) I-Ds,
xml.resource.org provides a handy service of pregenerated bibliography XML
entries for the draft (e.g.,
http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names.xml).
When a document moves from an I-D to an RFC, a new URL for the document's
bibxml is provided on xml.resource.org, reflecting its status as a
published RFC.  While a document is still an I-D, references to it from
other I-Ds include the phrase "(work in progress)" in the references
section.

The AFS-3 standardization community is using I-Ds for its working
documents, but we currently publish finalized documents on
http://afs3-stds.central.org.  At present, these documents are still
formatted as internet drafts (perhaps they should be reformatted?).
However, the easiest way to get bibxml entries for them remains the
xml.resource.org site, which includes the "work in progress" statement,
which is no longer true.  Should we host our own bibxml for finished
documents?  It would seem to make a few things cleaner, but does require
some effort to generate and host the entries.

-Ben