[AFS3-std] bibxml for finished documents

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:24:03 -0500

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:11:39 -0500
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> When referring to internet drafts from other (XML source) I-Ds,
> xml.resource.org provides a handy service of pregenerated bibliography XML
> entries for the draft (e.g.,
> http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names.xml).
> When a document moves from an I-D to an RFC, a new URL for the document's
> bibxml is provided on xml.resource.org, reflecting its status as a
> published RFC.  While a document is still an I-D, references to it from
> other I-Ds include the phrase "(work in progress)" in the references
> section.
>
> The AFS-3 standardization community is using I-Ds for its working
> documents, but we currently publish finalized documents on
> http://afs3-stds.central.org.  At present, these documents are still
> formatted as internet drafts (perhaps they should be reformatted?).
> However, the easiest way to get bibxml entries for them remains the
> xml.resource.org site, which includes the "work in progress" statement,
> which is no longer true.  Should we host our own bibxml for finished
> documents?  It would seem to make a few things cleaner, but does require
> some effort to generate and host the entries.

Creating a bibxml3 directory on afs3-std.central.org for completed documents
seems reasonable to me, and sounds like something the co-chairs can do as part
of promoting the document.

Jeffrey Huztelman, do you have an opinion?

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>