[AFS3-std] updates from last call comments on draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk-afs-04

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Wed, 1 May 2013 16:47:50 +0100

On 1 May 2013, at 16:09, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

>   Our control flow does not have a persistent connection, and the =
client drives the loop using the GSSNegotiate RPC;

To all intents and purposes, we do have a persistent connection - the =
opaques provide one. Also, an implementation can chose to regard all of =
the GSSNegotiate RPCs received over a particular RX connection as part =
of a single connection establishment. So, I'm not sure that this =
argument is correct.

My worry about the description of the control flow isn't that it may =
confuse implementors. I'm concerned because it explicitly forbids =
behaviour that is required in order to support some multi-round trip =
GSSAPI mechanisms. I would prefer that we have no description at all =
rather than what is in the document at present.

Cheers,

Simon