[AFS3-std] updates from last call comments on draft-wilkinson-afs3-rxgk-afs-04

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Wed, 1 May 2013 12:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 May 2013, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 1 May 2013, at 16:09, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
>>   Our control flow does not have a persistent connection, and the
>> client drives the loop using the GSSNegotiate RPC;
>
> To all intents and purposes, we do have a persistent connection - the
> opaques provide one. Also, an implementation can chose to regard all of
> the GSSNegotiate RPCs received over a particular RX connection as part
> of a single connection establishment. So, I'm not sure that this
> argument is correct.
>
> My worry about the description of the control flow isn't that it may
> confuse implementors. I'm concerned because it explicitly forbids
> behaviour that is required in order to support some multi-round trip
> GSSAPI mechanisms. I would prefer that we have no description at all
> rather than what is in the document at present.

Is this referring just to the case where gss_init_sec_context returns
GSS_S_COMPLETE but a nonempty output token?  I believe this can be
remedied with the insertion of a single sentence, and has already been
pushed to my github repo.

-Ben