[AFS3-std] Finishing the core rxgk document

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Nico Williams wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 04:03:36PM -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Nico Williams wrote:
>>> So specify the use of the C bindings' major status codes.  I.e.,
>>> reference RFC2744 for this.
>>
>> That might make for awkwardness in non-C implementations, but it
>> would at least be something concrete and easy to write.  Hmm.
>
> Why?  You'd be specifically referencing only the major status numeric
> code construction.

The non-C library would be outputting its own version of the constants, so
the implementation would need to translate between encodings (or check
that they are interoperable).  That's a bunch of work, and not really
necessary for the operation of the protocol.

-Ben