[AFS3-std] review period for draft-deason-afs3-type-time, draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union, and draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:31:50 -0400

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:24:51 -0400
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have moved the following three documents to the active list on
> http://afs3-stds.central.org/drafts.html.
>
>     Base Types for Time in AFS-3
>     draft-deason-afs3-type-time-03
>     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deason-afs3-type-time
>
>     Extensible XDR Discriminated Union Primitive Type
>     draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union-04
>     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keiser-afs3-xdr-union
>
>     Adding a Flexible GetSize RPC Variant to the AFS-3 Volume Service
>     draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2-03
>     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deason-afs3-getsizev2
>

> I believe these documents have reached general consensus in the
> past (but have been lower priority than the rxgk work).  I would like
> to revive these drafts which I believe need a final review period
> and a last call.
>
> I am requesting a four week review period (since many people will be
> traveling at the end of the month) to raise any objections or
> concerns, and if none, start a one week last call for each document.
> I would issue the last calls starting on April 11, 2014, to expire
> on April 18, 2014.

Hello All,

Given busy travel and holiday schedules, I would like to extend the
current review period two weeks to give more people a chance to review
these drafts before the last call. If you have not already, please take
some time to read these rather straightforward and short documents.
With this extension, assuming no substantial issues emerge, I will issue
a one week last call on April 25th, to expire on May 2nd.

Thank you Ben, Simon, Tom, Matt, and Jeffery H for the recent commentary
on these drafts.

Best regards,
Mike

--