[Foundation-discuss] Rewarding sponsors with acknowledgement in source/logos on website?

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:45:49 -0500

> The first one seems a bit problematic to me, unless there are at least a handful of such sponsors and there's some diversity among them.

I agree and disagree. It could potentially look bad if there's just one
or two. On the otherhand, it singles those one or two out and perhaps
sends a message to others.

I'd like to see it on the main page versus a separate page.

> The others are fine IMHO. Contributors (including sponsors) are being acknowledged on the openafs.org web site. I'm not sure whether we're distributing "credits" with the source releases, but we probably aren't but should be.

A separate sponsors file included with the source distro?