[Foundation-discuss] Rewarding sponsors with acknowledgement in source/logos on website?

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:14:26 +0100

On Nov 27, 2015, at 18:45 , Dave Botsch wrote:

>> The first one seems a bit problematic to me, unless there are at =
least a handful of such sponsors and there's some diversity among them.
>>=20
>=20
> I agree and disagree. It could potentially look bad if there's just =
one
> or two. On the otherhand, it singles those one or two out and perhaps
> sends a message to others.=20
>=20
> I'd like to see it on the main page versus a separate page.
>=20
>> The others are fine IMHO. Contributors (including sponsors) are being =
acknowledged on the openafs.org web site. I'm not sure whether we're =
distributing "credits" with the source releases, but we probably aren't =
but should be.
>=20
> A separate sponsors file included with the source distro?

I meant http://www.openafs.org/credits.html . Including it with the =
source we distribute seems reasonable to me. It includes (former) =
sponsors.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-