[Foundation-discuss] Access to facts and officially recorded decisions?

Margarete Ziemer emziemer@aim.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:12:10 -0400

--Apple-Mail=_EF1D47FA-2D59-4479-AD9A-7657AB54C49B

Good morning, Jeff (and everybody),

Your email from last night is rich in arguments and claims, too many to =
discuss in one sitting.  However, you mention events and facts I would =
like to understand comprehensively.  Therefore, would you please point =
me/all of us to the links where decisions you mentioned were recorded at =
the time and (hopefully) communicated to the general OpenAFS community?  =
With Your Big Birthday coming this weekend (congratulations and best =
wishes, Jeff!), I am thinking you could either reply with the links to =
records or ask somebody else to collect them for you so that you can =
more easily link them?  Delegation of the task is no issue for me, so =
getting these links to records within the week should be feasible.  But =
should be the one sending them, as you argued that you are the only =
remaining Gatekeeper, you were present, and you have seen the sources, =
and as it is important to me to get a complete and correct set of =
documents onto my desk.  Blame it on my having five advanced degrees: =
once a scholar, always go back to the sources :-)  Thank you very much.

Specifically, I am hoping you will direct me/us to the direct links for =
the following:

The records for the Council of Elders having legally become =E2=80=9Can =
unincorporated Association on 26 October 2000.=E2=80=9D  This should =
include the state of the Association=E2=80=99s creation, and where and =
when those documents were filed, plus when and accepted by which =
authorities.
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community the =E2=80=9Cdocu=
ment that served as the Charter for OpenAFS=E2=80=9D, no additional =
reference offered in your email, and from which you were quoting in your =
reply.
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything =
pertaining to =E2=80=9CJanuary 26th 2006 when the Council of Elders =
voted to reorganize itself.=E2=80=9D
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything =
pertaining to Ben Kaduk =E2=80=9Ca Guardian appointed by the Gatekeepers =
before Daria=E2=80=99s resignation.=E2=80=9D  This should include =
definition of =E2=80=9CGuardian=E2=80=99s=E2=80=9D role (privileges and =
responsibilities), who participated in making the appointment, and who =
(if any) voted against it.
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything =
pertaining your petition to step down as an Elder (as you mentioned) to =
the Council of Elders, and the Council having accepted your and/or =
anybody else=E2=80=99s resignation as Elder, as applicable.  Plus when =
and how the Council of Elders reported this to the Gatekeepers, and when =
the Gatekeepers accepted your resignation as Elder; this should list the =
names of the Gatekeepers who voted plus their voting decisions, to =
record 2/3 majority decision among the Gatekeepers.
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything =
pertaining Daria=E2=80=99s petition to the Gatekeepers to step down as a =
Gatekeeper (and Elder, if applicable); this should list the names of the =
Gatekeepers who voted plus their voting decisions, to record 2/3 =
majority decision among the Gatekeepers.
A census which pieces of OpenAFS code, including 1.6 and 1.8 and Main =
branches, currently reside where, and who owns the infrastructure.  This =
should include contact information for a contact person and/or =
administrator at MIT and other organizations if applicable.  What are =
the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS and the host(s)?  When and =
where was that published for the OpenAFS community?
All records documenting the role (privileges and responsibilities) of =
individuals who have hosted code and/or administered it.  This should =
include where decision authority and/or action requests were defined to =
be located.  What are the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS and the =
administrators?  When and where was that published for the OpenAFS =
community?
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything =
pertaining to the funds contributed to the Council of Elders in 2003 by =
three institutions.  Is there anything beyond the press release you =
mentioned in your reply?  Who was on the Council at that time?  Who =
administered those funds and what happened to them?
All records for any communication with any government agencies, =
including but not limited to the State of the Unincorporated =
Association=E2=80=9D of 2000, and on the Federal level, the IRS?

Beyond these items to which you explicitly or implicitly referred in =
yesterday=E2=80=99s reply, I would like for you to point me/us to:
All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community any =
information/resolutions/official filings etc about other organizations =
that were and/or are part of and/or related to OpenAFS.  One example I =
know of is the Kerberos and OpenAFS BPW Committee.  Are there others?  =
Alternatively, please jot down contact info for a representative of said =
organization(s) and/or committee(s) authorized to answer this; I will be =
happy to approach them directly and save you the work.

I want to do right by the OpenAFS community and the legacy of the =
OpenAFS technology.  To that end, this information is critical, and I =
venture a guess that others may want to do some reading-up as well. =
Since you are the only active Gatekeeper, you appear to be the obvious =
person to be able to help me out.  Should anything else occur to me at a =
later time, I will email again.  Thank you in advance, Jeff. =20

And again: Happy Birthday and a wonderful celebration weekend.

Best,
Margarete

E, Margarete Ziemer=

--Apple-Mail=_EF1D47FA-2D59-4479-AD9A-7657AB54C49B

charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Good morning, Jeff (and everybody),<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Your email from last night is rich in =
arguments and claims, too many to discuss in one sitting. &nbsp;However, =
you mention events and facts I would like to understand comprehensively. =
&nbsp;Therefore, would you please point me/all of us to the links where =
decisions you mentioned were recorded at the time and (hopefully) =
communicated to the general OpenAFS community? &nbsp;With Your Big =
Birthday coming this weekend (congratulations and best wishes, Jeff!), I =
am thinking you could either reply with the links to records or ask =
somebody else to collect them for you so that you can more easily link =
them? &nbsp;Delegation of the task is no issue for me, so getting these =
links to records within the week should be feasible. &nbsp;But should be =
the one sending them, as you argued that you are the only remaining =
Gatekeeper, you were present, and you have seen the sources, and as it =
is important to me to get a complete and correct set of documents onto =
my desk. &nbsp;Blame it on my having five advanced degrees: once a =
scholar, always go back to the sources :-) &nbsp;Thank you very =
class=3D"">Specifically, I am hoping you will direct me/us to the direct =
class=3D""><ol class=3D"MailOutline"><li class=3D"">The records for the =
Council of Elders having legally become =E2=80=9Can unincorporated =
Association on 26 October 2000.=E2=80=9D &nbsp;This should include the =
state of the Association=E2=80=99s creation, and where and when those =
documents were filed, plus when and accepted by which =
authorities.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the =
OpenAFS community the =E2=80=9Cdocument that served as the Charter for =
OpenAFS=E2=80=9D, no additional reference offered in your email, and =
from which you were quoting in your reply.</li><li class=3D"">All =
records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining =
to =E2=80=9CJanuary 26th 2006 when the Council of Elders voted to =
reorganize itself.=E2=80=9D</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting =
for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining to Ben Kaduk =E2=80=9C=
a Guardian appointed by the Gatekeepers before Daria=E2=80=99s =
resignation.=E2=80=9D &nbsp;This should include definition of =
=E2=80=9CGuardian=E2=80=99s=E2=80=9D role (privileges and =
responsibilities), who participated in making the appointment, and who =
(if any) voted against it.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting =
for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining your petition to =
step down as an Elder (as you mentioned) to the Council of Elders, and =
the Council having accepted your and/or anybody else=E2=80=99s =
resignation as Elder, as applicable. &nbsp;Plus when and how the Council =
of Elders reported this to the Gatekeepers, and when the Gatekeepers =
accepted your resignation as Elder; this should list the names of the =
Gatekeepers who voted plus their voting decisions, to record 2/3 =
majority decision among the Gatekeepers.</li><li class=3D"">All records =
documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining =
Daria=E2=80=99s petition to the Gatekeepers to step down as a Gatekeeper =
(and Elder, if applicable); this should list the names of the =
Gatekeepers who voted plus their voting decisions, to record 2/3 =
majority decision among the Gatekeepers.</li><li class=3D"">A census =
which pieces of OpenAFS code, including 1.6 and 1.8 and Main branches, =
currently reside where, and who owns the infrastructure. &nbsp;This =
should include contact information for a contact person and/or =
administrator at MIT and other organizations if applicable. &nbsp;What =
are the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS and the host(s)? =
&nbsp;When and where was that published for the OpenAFS =
community?</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting the role =
(privileges and responsibilities) of individuals who have hosted code =
and/or administered it. &nbsp;This should include where decision =
authority and/or action requests were defined to be located. &nbsp;What =
are the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS and the administrators? =
&nbsp;When and where was that published for the OpenAFS =
community?</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the =
OpenAFS community anything pertaining to the funds contributed to the =
Council of Elders in 2003 by three institutions. &nbsp;Is there anything =
beyond the press release you mentioned in your reply? &nbsp;Who was on =
the Council at that time? &nbsp;Who administered those funds and what =
happened to them?</li><li class=3D"">All records for any communication =
with any government agencies, including but not limited to the State of =
the Unincorporated Association=E2=80=9D of 2000, and on the Federal =
class=3D"">Beyond these items to which you explicitly or implicitly =
referred in yesterday=E2=80=99s reply, I would like for you to point =
class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community any =
information/resolutions/official filings etc about other organizations =
that were and/or are part of and/or related to OpenAFS. &nbsp;One =
example I know of is the Kerberos and OpenAFS BPW Committee. &nbsp;Are =
there others? &nbsp;Alternatively, please jot down contact info for a =
representative of said organization(s) and/or committee(s) authorized to =
answer this; I will be happy to approach them directly and save you the =
class=3D"">I want to do right by the OpenAFS community and the legacy of =
the OpenAFS technology. &nbsp;To that end, this information is critical, =
and I venture a guess that others may want to do some reading-up as =
well. Since you are the only active Gatekeeper, you appear to be the =
obvious person to be able to help me out. &nbsp;Should anything else =
occur to me at a later time, I will email again. &nbsp;Thank you in =
class=3D"">And again: Happy Birthday and a wonderful celebration =

--Apple-Mail=_EF1D47FA-2D59-4479-AD9A-7657AB54C49B--