[Foundation-discuss] Access to facts and officially recorded decisions?

E. Margarete Ziemer emziemer@sinenomine.net
Fri, 22 Apr 2016 14:11:56 +0000

--_000_D33FA9269F75Femziemersinenominenet_

Good morning, Jeff (and everybody),

Your email from last night is rich in arguments and claims, too many to dis=
cuss in one sitting.  However, you mention events and facts I would like to=
 understand comprehensively.  Therefore, would you please point me/all of u=
s to the links where decisions you mentioned were recorded at the time and =
(hopefully) communicated to the general OpenAFS community?  With Your Big B=
irthday coming this weekend (congratulations and best wishes, Jeff!), I am =
thinking you could either reply with the links to records or ask somebody e=
lse to collect them for you so that you can more easily link them?  Delegat=
ion of the task is no issue for me, so getting these links to records withi=
n the week should be feasible.  But should be the one sending them, as you =
argued that you are the only remaining Gatekeeper, you were present, and yo=
u have seen the sources, and as it is important to me to get a complete and=
 correct set of documents onto my desk.  Blame it on my having five advance=
d degrees: once a scholar, always go back to the sources :-)  Thank you ver=
y much.

Specifically, I am hoping you will direct me/us to the direct links for the=
 following:

  1.  The records for the Council of Elders having legally become "an uninc=
orporated Association on 26 October 2000."  This should include the state o=
f the Association's creation, and where and when those documents were filed=
, plus when and accepted by which authorities.
  2.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community the "documen=
t that served as the Charter for OpenAFS", no additional reference offered =
in your email, and from which you were quoting in your reply.
  3.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything per=
taining to "January 26th 2006 when the Council of Elders voted to reorganiz=
e itself."
  4.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything per=
taining to Ben Kaduk "a Guardian appointed by the Gatekeepers before Daria'=
s resignation."  This should include definition of "Guardian's" role (privi=
leges and responsibilities), who participated in making the appointment, an=
d who (if any) voted against it.
  5.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything per=
taining your petition to step down as an Elder (as you mentioned) to the Co=
uncil of Elders, and the Council having accepted your and/or anybody else's=
 resignation as Elder, as applicable.  Plus when and how the Council of Eld=
ers reported this to the Gatekeepers, and when the Gatekeepers accepted you=
r resignation as Elder; this should list the names of the Gatekeepers who v=
oted plus their voting decisions, to record 2/3 majority decision among the=
 Gatekeepers.
  6.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything per=
taining Daria's petition to the Gatekeepers to step down as a Gatekeeper (a=
nd Elder, if applicable); this should list the names of the Gatekeepers who=
 voted plus their voting decisions, to record 2/3 majority decision among t=
he Gatekeepers.
  7.  A census which pieces of OpenAFS code, including 1.6 and 1.8 and Main=
 branches, currently reside where, and who owns the infrastructure.  This s=
hould include contact information for a contact person and/or administrator=
 at MIT and other organizations if applicable.  What are the terms of the a=
greement between OpenAFS and the host(s)?  When and where was that publishe=
d for the OpenAFS community?
  8.  All records documenting the role (privileges and responsibilities) of=
 individuals who have hosted code and/or administered it.  This should incl=
ude where decision authority and/or action requests were defined to be loca=
ted.  What are the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS and the administr=
ators?  When and where was that published for the OpenAFS community?
  9.  All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything per=
taining to the funds contributed to the Council of Elders in 2003 by three =
institutions.  Is there anything beyond the press release you mentioned in =
your reply?  Who was on the Council at that time?  Who administered those f=
unds and what happened to them?
  10. All records for any communication with any government agencies, inclu=
ding but not limited to the State of the Unincorporated Association" of 200=
0, and on the Federal level, the IRS?

Beyond these items to which you explicitly or implicitly referred in yester=
day's reply, I would like for you to point me/us to:

  *   All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community any informat=
ion/resolutions/official filings etc about other organizations that were an=
d/or are part of and/or related to OpenAFS.  One example I know of is the K=
erberos and OpenAFS BPW Committee.  Are there others?  Alternatively, pleas=
e jot down contact info for a representative of said organization(s) and/or=
 committee(s) authorized to answer this; I will be happy to approach them d=
irectly and save you the work.

I want to do right by the OpenAFS community and the legacy of the OpenAFS t=
echnology.  To that end, this information is critical, and I venture a gues=
s that others may want to do some reading-up as well. Since you are the onl=
y active Gatekeeper, you appear to be the obvious person to be able to help=
 me out.  Should anything else occur to me at a later time, I will email ag=
ain.  Thank you in advance, Jeff.

And again: Happy Birthday and a wonderful celebration weekend.

Best,
Margarete

E. Margarete Ziemer

--_000_D33FA9269F75Femziemersinenominenet_

<head>
1">
</head>
e-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 14px; font-fami=
ly: Calibri, sans-serif;">
-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 14px; font-famil=
y: Calibri, sans-serif;">
-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">
 too many to discuss in one sitting. &nbsp;However, you mention events and =
facts I would like to understand comprehensively. &nbsp;Therefore, would yo=
u please point me/all of us to the links where
 decisions you mentioned were recorded at the time and (hopefully) communic=
ated to the general OpenAFS community? &nbsp;With Your Big Birthday coming =
this weekend (congratulations and best wishes, Jeff!), I am thinking you co=
uld either reply with the links to records
 or ask somebody else to collect them for you so that you can more easily l=
ink them? &nbsp;Delegation of the task is no issue for me, so getting these=
 links to records within the week should be feasible. &nbsp;But should be t=
he one sending them, as you argued that you
 are the only remaining Gatekeeper, you were present, and you have seen the=
 sources, and as it is important to me to get a complete and correct set of=
 documents onto my desk. &nbsp;Blame it on my having five advanced degrees:=
 once a scholar, always go back to the
 sources :-) &nbsp;Thank you very much.</div>
ct links for the following:</div>
<ol class=3D"MailOutline">
<li class=3D"">The records for the Council of Elders having legally become =
&#8220;an unincorporated Association on 26 October 2000.&#8221; &nbsp;This =
should include the state of the Association&#8217;s creation, and where and=
 when those documents were filed, plus when and accepted
 by which authorities.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting for and t=
o the OpenAFS community the &#8220;document that served as the Charter for =
OpenAFS&#8221;, no additional reference offered in your email, and from whi=
ch you were quoting in your reply.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenti=
ng for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining to &#8220;January 2=
6th 2006 when the Council of Elders voted to reorganize itself.&#8221;</li>=
<li class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community any=
thing pertaining to Ben Kaduk &#8220;a Guardian appointed by the Gatekeeper=
s before Daria&#8217;s resignation.&#8221; &nbsp;This should include defini=
tion of &#8220;Guardian&#8217;s&#8221; role (privileges and responsibilitie=
s),
 who participated in making the appointment, and who (if any) voted against=
 it.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS comm=
unity anything pertaining your petition to step down as an Elder (as you me=
ntioned) to the Council of Elders, and the Council having accepted your and=
/or anybody else&#8217;s resignation as Elder, as
 applicable. &nbsp;Plus when and how the Council of Elders reported this to=
 the Gatekeepers, and when the Gatekeepers accepted your resignation as Eld=
er; this should list the names of the Gatekeepers who voted plus their voti=
ng decisions, to record 2/3 majority
 decision among the Gatekeepers.</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting=
 for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining Daria&#8217;s petitio=
n to the Gatekeepers to step down as a Gatekeeper (and Elder, if applicable=
); this should list the names of the Gatekeepers who voted plus their votin=
 decisions, to record 2/3 majority decision among the Gatekeepers.</li><li =
class=3D"">A census which pieces of OpenAFS code, including 1.6 and 1.8 and=
 Main branches, currently reside where, and who owns the infrastructure. &n=
bsp;This should include contact information for a contact person and/or adm=
inistrator at MIT and other organizations
 if applicable. &nbsp;What are the terms of the agreement between OpenAFS a=
nd the host(s)? &nbsp;When and where was that published for the OpenAFS com=
munity?</li><li class=3D"">All records documenting the role (privileges and=
 responsibilities) of individuals who have hosted code and/or administered =
it. &nbsp;This should include where decision authority and/or action reques=
ts were defined to be located. &nbsp;What are the terms
 of the agreement between OpenAFS and the administrators? &nbsp;When and wh=
ere was that published for the OpenAFS community?</li><li class=3D"">All re=
cords documenting for and to the OpenAFS community anything pertaining to t=
he funds contributed to the Council of Elders in 2003 by three institutions=
. &nbsp;Is there anything beyond the press release you mentioned in your re=
ply? &nbsp;Who was on the
 Council at that time? &nbsp;Who administered those funds and what happened=
 to them?</li><li class=3D"">All records for any communication with any gov=
ernment agencies, including but not limited to the State of the Unincorpora=
ted Association&#8221; of 2000, and on the Federal level, the IRS?</li></ol=

ferred in yesterday&#8217;s reply, I would like for you to point me/us to:<=
/div>
<ul class=3D"MailOutline">
<li class=3D"">All records documenting for and to the OpenAFS community any=
 information/resolutions/official filings etc about other organizations tha=
t were and/or are part of and/or related to OpenAFS. &nbsp;One example I kn=
ow of is the Kerberos and OpenAFS BPW Committee.
 &nbsp;Are there others? &nbsp;Alternatively, please jot down contact info =
for a representative of said organization(s) and/or committee(s) authorized=
 to answer this; I will be happy to approach them directly and save you the=
 work.</li></ul>
of the OpenAFS technology. &nbsp;To that end, this information is critical,=
 and I venture a guess that others may want to do some reading-up as well. =
Since you are the only active Gatekeeper,
 you appear to be the obvious person to be able to help me out. &nbsp;Shoul=
d anything else occur to me at a later time, I will email again. &nbsp;Than=
k you in advance, Jeff. &nbsp;</div>
nd.</div>

--_000_D33FA9269F75Femziemersinenominenet_--