[OpenAFS-announce] pam-afs-session 1.4 released

Russ Allbery openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 10 May 2007 18:37:47 -0700

I'm pleased to announce release 1.4 of pam-afs-session.  With this
release, I believe the module is feature-complete compared to other
available PAM modules with AFS functionality, except for support for K4 or
kaserver authentication (which I don't intend to ever support).

pam-afs-session is a PAM module intended for use with a Kerberos v5 PAM
module to obtain an AFS PAG and AFS tokens on login.  It puts every new
session in a PAG regardless of whether it was authenticated with
Kerberos and either uses Heimdal's libkafs or runs a configurable
external program to obtain tokens.  It supports using Heimdal's libkafs
for the AFS interface and falls back to an internal implementation if
libkafs isn't available.

Changes from previous release:

    Added the afs_cells configuration option which specifies the list of
    cells in which to get tokens.

    Ported to HP-UX.  HP-UX's PAM libraries do not support a separate
    environment used for the new session, so manipulate the regular
    environment instead.  Thanks to Joe Buehler for the port.

    Document using the module with Mac OS X, now that it's been confirmed
    to work with sshd on that platform.

    Support DESTDIR for make install.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/pam-afs-session/>

Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.