[OpenAFS-announce] openafs.org service outage

Jeffrey Hutzelman openafs-info@openafs.org
Tue, 27 May 2008 18:05:28 -0400

In the early morning of Wednesday, May 28, Carnegie Mellon's main campus in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania will experience a power outage of several hours.
This outage is necessary to allow our electric utility, Duquesne Light
Company, to test transformers and switching equipment feeding our campus.

Due to this outage and the resulting total system shutdown, some
openafs.org and grand.central.org services will be unavailable from 9PM on
Tuesday, May 27 until 9AM on Wednesday, May 28, EDT (UTC 0100-1300 on
Wednesday).  During this time, the OpenAFS and GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG web sites,
mailing lists, and mailing list archives will be unavailable.  OpenAFS
software distributions in /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs will
remain available via replicas at other locations.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc