[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4 now end-of-life

Ken Dreyer openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 15 May 2014 15:27:05 -0600

--14dae93d93d469739304f976f5e3

Greetings.

This is an announcement about the end of life for the OpenAFS 1.4 series.

OpenAFS 1.6.0 was released in September 2011, and since that time, the
OpenAFS community has focused on pushing the 1.6 series forward. The
OpenAFSproject now considers 1.6 superior in terms of stability and
reliability
for every AFS user and administrator.

As announced last August, there will be no new tarball releases or security
patches available for 1.4, effective immediately.

We encourage all sites to upgrade to the OpenAFS 1.6 series.

- the OpenAFS gatekeepers

--14dae93d93d469739304f976f5e3

This is an announcement about the end of life for the <span>OpenAFS</span> =
ime, the <span>OpenAFS</span> community has focused on pushing the 1.6 seri=
es forward. The <span>OpenAFS</span> project now considers 1.6 superior in =
terms of stability and reliability for every <span>AFS</span> user and admi=
nistrator.<br>

--14dae93d93d469739304f976f5e3--