[OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS Foundation Board Member Changes

Roman Mitz openafs-info@openafs.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:58:52 -0500

--089e011766e57186900507d7e5f2

I am pleased to announce two new board members at this time: Dave Botsch
and David Boldt.  On behalf of the other board members I welcome them and
their future efforts on behalf of OpenAFS and the Foundation.  Bios follow
below.

I am also announcing my own intent to resign, effective Dec 31, 2014.
Since 2010 I have been involved with the Elders and subsequently the
Foundation, and at this time I would like to make way for other leadership
and spend time on other pursuits.  Thanks to all who have given me a great
deal of guidance and help over the time I have been involved.

Roman Mitz
---

Dave Botsch is with the Cornell NanoScale Science and Technology Facility.
At the CNF, Dave manages technology solutions (including OpenAFS) for the
problems and workflows of both users and staff. Also as part of his job, he
also works to foster collaboration among the wider Cornell IT community.

Dave has a Bachelors in Computer Science from Cornell University in Ithaca,
New York.

Dave has been a member of the OpenAFS community for some time, with his
involvement in the OpenAFS newsletter, previous iterations of the OpenAFS
wiki, and, writing the OpenAFS Tokens gui
application for Linux and for Macintosh. Dave is looking forward to
continuing to work with the OpenAFS community.

---

David Boldt of the US Geological Survey (USGS) has been using AFS since
2001 as part of a project to provide resilient web service which could
survive the loss of any single data center. A requirement was precipitated
by a hurricane-induced data center outage in Florida, which made USGS flood
information unavailable just when and where it was most needed. The USGS
AFS implementation replicates web content across data centers in Menlo Park
California, Sioux Falls South Dakota and Reston Virginia using a system of
programs which look for changes to AFS volumes and automatically "vos
release" on a 15 minute interval as required.

David is a self-described technical generalist, starting as a
hydrogeologist and doing a bit of system administration, programming,
system architecture, project management, documentation, software training,
web site production and customer support over the years. He hopes to be
able to contribute back to the OpenAFS community with any and all of the
skills he acquired on this career path.

--089e011766e57186900507d7e5f2

e: Dave Botsch and David Boldt.=C2=A0 On behalf of the other board members =
I welcome them and their future efforts on behalf of OpenAFS and the Founda=
tion.=C2=A0 Bios follow below.<br><br>I am also announcing my own intent to=
 resign, effective Dec 31, 2014.=C2=A0 Since 2010 I have been involved with=
 the Elders and subsequently the Foundation, and at this time I would like =
to make way for other leadership and spend time on other pursuits.=C2=A0 Th=
anks to all who have given me a great deal of guidance and help over the ti=
h the Cornell NanoScale Science and Technology Facility. At the CNF, Dave m=
anages technology solutions (including OpenAFS) for the problems and workfl=
ows of both users and staff. Also as part of his job, he also works to fost=
er collaboration among the wider Cornell IT community.<br><br>Dave has a Ba=
chelors in Computer Science from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.<br=
s involvement in the OpenAFS newsletter, previous iterations of the OpenAFS=
 wiki, and, writing the OpenAFS Tokens gui<br>application for Linux and for=
 Macintosh. Dave is looking forward to continuing to work with the OpenAFS =
 has been using AFS since 2001 as part of a project to provide resilient we=
b service which could survive the loss of any single data center. A require=
ment was precipitated by a hurricane-induced data center outage in Florida,=
 which made USGS flood information unavailable just when and where it was m=
ost needed. The USGS AFS implementation replicates web content across data =
centers in Menlo Park California, Sioux Falls South Dakota and Reston Virgi=
nia using a system of programs which look for changes to AFS volumes and au=
tomatically &quot;vos release&quot; on a 15 minute interval as required.<br=
logist and doing a bit of system administration, programming, system archit=
ecture, project management, documentation, software training, web site prod=
uction and customer support over the years. He hopes to be able to contribu=
te back to the OpenAFS community with any and all of the skills he acquired=
 on this career path.<br></div>

--089e011766e57186900507d7e5f2--