[OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMP cpu hog/etc.

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:58:44 -0600

Ok. I've done some more testing.

I added some extra debugging to afsd in the CACHEINODE loop, including
some fflush()'s. That loop is running incredibly slowly.

Now, here's the interesting part. If I unmount /afs, rmmod, and then try
the whole thing again, the second time it runs through that loop
instantly. In both cases, the cache already exists. (Removing the cache
has no impact.)

I'm instrumenting some more stuff further, will see if I find anything.

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216