[reiserfs-list] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMPcpu hog/etc.

Andi Kleen ak@suse.de
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:12:18 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 05:03:58PM +0300, Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:
> reiserfs_readdir could put packing locality component after 0 in dirp->d_name and set dirp->d_reclen
> correspondingly for those who is aware of reiserfs tricks.

I guess a separate stat like ioctl that fails on all other fs would be
better -- somebody will surely depend on d_reclen matching the name length.
It is also not something that needs to be speed optimized too much.

-Andi