[reiserfs-list] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] more on the 2.2.18pre17 SMPcpu hog/etc.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2000 19:07:13 -0500

Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> It matters to me. Init 300Mb cache on Sun1000E (Sol7): Enough time for
> a trip to Burger King to get a banana milkshake and back:
>
> Nov 30 21:27:59 shake.stacken.kth.se unix: Starting AFS cache scan...
> Nov 30 21:56:07 shake.stacken.kth.se unix: found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).

This only happens the first time you setup a cache.  Without changing
your cacheinfo file, reboot and tell me these times again.  I bet it's
a much shorter time.

FTR, one reason that the cache files are created a-priori is that
there isn't a consistent way to create files from the kernel.

-derek