[OpenAFS-devel] datagrams really arent big enough?

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:54:55 -0600

Ha. Yeah, right. It's a simple matter of extremely complicated libraries,
with no documentation worth anything, and no simplistic approach in any
case. I'm talking about an easy-to-use library that wraps around the rest of
the perl libs, or even better, was fully self-contained as much as possible,
so you don't have to worry about which combination of 20 libraries you have
to put on the command line, and in what order, and what ones have to be
repeated to get the thing to link, etc.

I'm not sure how much of this has gone away with 3.6/OpenAFS, but
historically, the libraries and such from afs have been a nightmare to use
and link properly.

-- Nathan