[OpenAFS-devel] coding conventions / standards?

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:14:05 -0500

> As with any performance-related modification, you should measure
> it. Last time I measured it versus eay's des, it didn't
> make an ounce of difference.

I distinctly recall that the last time I measured it against the
Dennis Ferguson fast DES (which was admittedly close to a decade
ago.. i.e., i discarded the Miller DES at around that time) there was
a significant performance difference on the order of 50% or so on the
systems I was using at the time (at the time it would have been
vax/rt/68k/pa-risc processors -- all systems with reasonable numbers
of registers).

					- Bill