[OpenAFS-devel] openafs cell and contrib area?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Nov 2000 14:18:58 -0500

Love <lha@stacken.kth.se> writes:

> Generate a root.afs by interating over CellServDB and add new cells when
> found by dns. Then a solution that avoids that stat()ing a mountpoint
> causes a rpc to remote cell.

This doesn't let you easily create shortcuts..  For example, I like
being able to access /afs/athena, /afs/sipb, /afs/dev, and other MIT
shorthands.  Obviously these are finger macros, but they are
convenient.

In theory I do like this idea -- perhaps we can also add a "list of
known short-hands" that one could use?

> Love

-derek