[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] openafs and kerberos5

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:17:26 -0400

>I don't think the point was to grab code out of CVS.  I think the
>point was to get it into the OpenAFS CVS tree so that it would be a
>part of the next OpenAFS release (and future releases), rather than
>having the kit be a separate entity.  Also, if the kit were a part of
>OpenAFS, then if/when rxkad3 gets implemented, aklog can be changed to
>work right along side :)

That would be cool; I think that the kit should still be seperate for
a little while for people who want to migrate existing realms, but I
think rolling the necessary bits into OpenAFS to make you be able to
use V5 "out of the box" would be good.

--Ken