[OpenAFS-devel] still seeing iput errors on 2.2.19...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:00:27 -0500

Already been rebooted, but I will use this info the next time I get that
same panic. In fact, I think I might just start watching cmdebug (never
knew about that cmd) on this machine.

I just ran it on the machine, and note this:

** Cache entry @ 0xd0340a28 for 1.536994608.1.1
    2048 bytes  DV 65 refcnt 18375
    callback cc00e380   expires 987298636
    0 opens     0 writers
    volume root
    states (0x1), stat'd

lsof says nothing has that inode opened.

I ran it a little bit later:
    2048 bytes  DV 65 refcnt 18387
and a little later:
    2048 bytes  DV 65 refcnt 18439

I'm assuming that the second number on there is the volume:

sw.htdig                          536994608 RW     266915 K  On-line
    afs4.cc.umr.edu /vicepc
    RWrite  536994608 ROnly          0 Backup  536994610
    MaxQuota     350000 K
    Creation    Tue Sep 12 16:16:07 2000
    Last Update Mon Apr  2 08:44:02 2001
    167 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)

    RWrite: 536994608     Backup: 536994610
    number of sites -> 1
       server afs4.cc.umr.edu partition /vicepc RW Site

There are cgi scripts that run out of that dir, and the web server
itself, but it's data files and logging are all on local disk.
Everything on afs on that volume is read-only. (Server is not
authenticated.)

I did a find -ls over that entire volume, and that inode number doesn't
exist. I'm guessing that this is because it's not actually a file - it
said "volume root".

So, the ultimate question - why is the refcount increasing?

Running an fstrace on the machine shows no continual accesses to that
volume other than "lookup adp" on the .htaccess file, which don't exist
on that volume. (There are probably others when the cgi is hit, but that
isn't very often, certainly not often enough to account for above refcnt
increases.)

-- Nathan