[OpenAFS-devel] still seeing iput errors on 2.2.19...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:01:56 -0500

I just checked the same thing on another couple servers I've got that
experiences a similar problem. It has another 'volume root' cache entry
with a large refCount, but not nearly as high, and not growing as
rapidly. As with htdig, it's a afs volume that a web server runs out of.

I even saw this oddball:

** Cache entry @ 0xd0c36fa0 for 1.536925706.1.1
    2048 bytes  DV 21 refcnt -27651
    callback cf04a320   expires 987300044
    0 opens     0 writers
    volume root
    states (0x1), stat'd

That's a volume for a heavily accessed cgi script. That one appears to
be the opposite problem though.

It appears pretty consistent though - all the entries with rediculous
refCounts are volume roots.

I'm doing what I can to instrument afs_dcache.c to do some cache
tracing. Hopefully can track down what is going on here, seems to me
that there are mismatched refcount manipulations somewhere.

-- Nathan