[OpenAFS-devel] Starting fs without salvaging...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:40:04 -0500

I've seen some comments in the salvager (I think) code talking about an
option that can be used to cause the fileserver to come up and attach
volumes without running a full salvage, requiring you to manually salvage
broken volumes after the fact based on what was attached, and what wasn't.

This seems like a way to get large file servers to come up alot quicker.

Is anyone doing this, or has anyone done this? Does it work, or is it
more trouble than it is worth?

On an unrelated note - is anyone aware of any way to get linux to save a
crash dump when a panic is enough to kill the machine?

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216