[OpenAFS-devel] Starting fs without salvaging...

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:33:22 +0200

This option was developed here and we are restarting our fileservers
wihout salvage since more than a year. We nearly never found a reason to
salvage a volume by hand later. This code was originally written for
MR-AFS, but it should work (and has been tested) for normal AFS as well.

We tested it killing the fileserver process. The clients don not even
see a service interruption because the new fileserver comes up before
the rpc retry-count is exhausted and then the rpc gets the busy response
as usual during fileserver startups.

Hartmut