[OpenAFS-devel] is multi-stage vos release still necessary?

aeneous@speakeasy.org aeneous@speakeasy.org
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:45:44 -0400

>         /* The first two RO volumes will be released individually.
>          * The rest are then released in parallel. This is a hack
>          * for clients not recognizing right away when a RO volume
>          * comes back on-line.
>          */
>
> What client versions does this affect?

Those clients which do not understand per-volume callbacks -- which were added
a long time ago.  Did AFS 3.2 have them?  Hopefully, our friends with the
various versions of AFS source on-line will be able to verify by looking at
afs_callback.c.