[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS on Redhat 7.1

Andrew Selle aselle@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:19:34 -0500

I have been trying to get OpenAFS to run on RedHat 7.1.
Previously, I have installed OpenAFS on Redhat 6.2 with
Kernel 2.4.2, with no problems.  However, when I do the
same process with Redhat 7.1, df locks up after
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start' returns

It hangs like this:

[root@oldstyle modload]# df
/dev/hda5              2119212    967388   1044172  49% /
/dev/hda1                50723      3485     44619   8% /boot
<cursor sits here, and prompt never returns>

Additionally, shutting down cleanly doesn't seem possible, because
all attempts to unmount don't seem to work.

My question is do any of you have any experience with Redhat 7.1
and OpenAFS so that you may give me some advice on getting
this to work.

I'm using OpenAFS-1.0.3.  I munged the Makefile on the kernel
source to add the -DAFS_LINUX24_ENV to get it to use the Linux 2.4
versions.

Any help would be appreciated..