[OpenAFS-devel] AFS + LDAP

Peter Popovics pop@dtv.dk
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:25:10 +0200

Hi,

In our corporate installation I have used openldap to distribute CellServDB
information to our workstations. I have done it in an ugly and non-standard
way, just by defining an LDAP objectclass for myself... Looks something
like:

dn: afscell=dtv.dk, ou=Misc, o=dtv, c=dk
objectclass: afs_CellServDB_entry
afscell: dtv.dk         # DTV
cellserver: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    # afs1.dtv.dk
cellserver: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    # afs2.dtv.dk
cellserver: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    # afs3.dtv.dk

I know that it's not the best way to do this. Is there a more standard way
to do this (With LDAP)? Does OpenAFS has OID's registered? Is there anyone
trying to form an LDAP schema to store AFS information in it?

P.Peter