[OpenAFS-devel] Anyone actually use any of the special build targets?

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:52:50 -0500

i.e. blib_afs, blib_uafs, finale, etc.

or do y'all pretty much always just type make in the top level directory?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to get the Makefiles to where they function
more usably like a typical source project. Getting everything built with
autoconf was the first part of that.

If no one actually cares about those special build rules or some of the
other weirdnesses, it should make it easier to simplify down the Makefiles,
and get normal "make all" "make install" type targets to work. (With the
exception of the kernel libafs dir, which will probably stay weird for a
while.)

At the very least, I want to get things to where you can reasonably type
"make" all by itself, in any directory in src, and have it do something
useful.

Thoughts?

-- Nathan