[OpenAFS-devel] Why do afsd daemons loop tightly after receiving a SIGHUP?

Jean-Marc Saffroy saffroy@ri.silicomp.fr
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:01:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> Moral of the story -- don't send signals to afsd.  It's pretty much never
> actually what you want.  Usually what you want is to simply unmount afs,
> wait for all the afsd processes to exit, and unload the module.  The
> various binary distributions for Linux should all come with an rc script
> that does this.

Maybe that ignoring signals would prevent this behaviour ? If afsd
processes are not supposed to receive signals, then I guess that this
solution would be harmless, right ?

--
Jean-Marc Saffroy - Research Engineer - Silicomp Research Institute
mailto:saffroy@ri.silicomp.fr