[OpenAFS-devel] Anyone actually use any of the special build targets?

eichin-oa@boxedpenguin.com eichin-oa@boxedpenguin.com
03 Aug 2001 15:25:26 -0400

> At the very least, I want to get things to where you can reasonably type
> "make" all by itself, in any directory in src, and have it do something
> useful.

I commend to your attention the paper "Recursive Make Considered
Harmful", www.pcug.org.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html, as
an interesting way to approach this.  Requires a "modern" make, which
turns some people off until they've actually tried it.  (There are
some more agressive enhancements that can be pried out of one of the
startups around here if that path interests you...)