[OpenAFS-devel] Anyone actually use any of the special build targets?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 08:55:26 -0500

Marcus Watts wrote:

Looks like some of what you mentioned is already in place (the version
stuff). My patches so far are mainly making the makefiles more
consistent, making them use dependencies more where possible, and
supporting a reasonable target for make and make all.

I was also thinking of adding a "Makefile.utils" that would include
utility targets shared by all of the other makefiles, such as part of
the make clean, etc. Standardized rule for tests, etc.

I'm waiting for Derrick to approve the first patch, and if so, will send
a bigger one for the rest.

I like the idea of putting a bit more smarts into the autoconf build
process, but I think that'll probably be best for the second pass over
the Makefiles. Right now, I just want to get them condensed down to
where they MOSTLY function the way you'd expect, can worry about the
rest later.

-- Nathan