[OpenAFS-devel] Building v. 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 for Windows NT/2000?

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:19:34 -0400

Scott,
I ran into a few problems building 1.1.1 on windows.  It seems that
1.0.4a was the last source release to get "sanitized" (for lack of a
better word) for windows.

To get past the problem you are currently hitting, I created an empty
afsconfig.h in dest\include\afs\afsconfig.h.

Then I hit several files with RCSID definitions which cause the windows
compiler to barf.  I wrote a perl script to remove the RCSID definition
for all the files in the source tree.  (There were many files.)

Then I hit a problem compiling des\read_pssword.c because
HAVE_WINDOWS_H was not defined.  I added a line to my empty afsconfig.h
file above to #define HAVE_WINDOWS_H.

Then I ran into an unresolved reference for _afs_inet_ntoa while
linking the fileserver.  I added afsutil.lib to the list of EXELIBS in
the tviced\NTMakefile.

K.C.