[OpenAFS-devel] support for enterprise kernel

Sam Hartman hartmans@mekinok.com
20 Aug 2001 11:28:57 -0400

    Derek> Thomas Mueller <thomas.mueller@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:
    >> The first patch is against src/libafs/MakefileProto.LINUX.in
    >> from the current CVS tree.

    Derek> I see Sam's point.  I would suggest a slightly different
    Derek> change that does NOT put 'EP' in the default list of build
    Derek> targets unless configure specifically notices that you're
    Derek> sitting on a Red Hat machine.

    Derek> I have no problems with adding the makefile support to
    Derek> build the libafs.ep file, and I have no problem with that
    Derek> actually being included in the mainline.  But I agree with
    Derek> Sam that 'EP' should not be included in MPS by default.

I would argue we really want to split distribution specific build
cruft into the packaging for that distribution rather than in the
mainline.  The build system is complex enough without any additional
help.