[OpenAFS-devel] foreign pts ids

Mattias Amnefelt mattiasa@e.kth.se
22 Aug 2001 02:46:20 +0200

Hi!

We are right now looking at a situation where we might end up with multiple
different kerberos realms with the same afs cell as their home cell. This
should work just fine, except that only one of the realms will appear to be
local to afs. Our local realm is is E.KTH.SE and we would like to
incorporate MATH.KTH.SE into this cell.

What I'd like to do now is let user@MATH.KTH.SE correspond to the
user@math.kth.se pts entry and let that entry have user's uid.

Unfortunately foreign pts ids are required to be in a different range than
local ids, and normaly much higher. If I've understood the code correctly
the low 16 bits is the cell-id and the high 16 is an incrementing counter
for the foreign id.

Does anyone know if this structure is used anywhere? I fear that for
instance the system:authuser@foreign.cell uses this feature.

/mattiasa