[OpenAFS-devel] DU64 5.0A: Kernel Build: Multiply defined: xdr_uint64, xdr_int64

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:32:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 28 Aug 2001, Jimmy Engelbrecht wrote:

> Of course it should be optional to build a static kernel even if its a
> bad idea. I do belive xdr_int64 was introduced in Tru64 5.0, however,
> i will try to find out for sure.

I was told it was in nfs.mod as far back as 3.0. The problem then is
knowing when xdr_int64 is present in the kernel being built for, since I
assume nfs is not always enabled.

Also:
> Module. Take the libafs.nonfs.a and do
>
>         ld -dc -r -o /subsys/afs.mod libafs.nonfs.o
>
> and then
>
>         sysconfig -c afs

Should we be doing anything as part of the OpenAFS build process to make
this easier?

-D