[OpenAFS-devel] Call for consensus: configure defaulting behavior change

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:17:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Now that AFS supports configure, people probably expect to be able to
> use the --prefix argument and other path control switches to  change
> where AFS puts files and  where it expects to find them at runtime.
> Clearly we will want to support the current paths now.  Most existing
> users will continue to  use the Transarc style paths or whatever
> site-specific modifications they have been using.

The next question is, what will the new defaults be, and how granular will
you be able to configure, e.g. a place for servers, a place for logs, a
place for database files.

-D