[OpenAFS-devel] Call for consensus: configure defaulting behaviorchange

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:02:09 -0500

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Nathan Neulinger wrote:
>
> > Only comment I'd have to make about it is that it will require
> > significant changes throughout the build system since alot of the build
> > process depends on libraries/headers/etc. being installed into
> > particular destination directories for part of the build process.
>
> No.  Since there is currently no install target, the work we're talking
> about doesn't (yet) affect installation.  It certainly won't affect the
> construction of the dest directory.  Mainly, it affects the paths that are
> compiled into the binaries.

Actually, there are install, kinstall, and webinstall targets all over
the place in the system, just no "install" target that does what it
sounds like. My patch cleans that up somewhat (standardizes on 'all' and
'install') But that can easily be changed to 'build' once the real
install target is decided on.

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216