[OpenAFS-devel] Call for consensus: configure defaulting behavior change

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:17:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Jim Rees wrote:

>   Who are these people and what are they doing? Anyone? (Not that keeping
>   the complete tree is hard)
>
> Personally, I fear and loathe the dest tree and would not miss it for a
> minute.
>
> On the other hand, I really miss the obj tree.  Losing it is a disaster for
> me.  I am so used to building afs simultaneously for multiple platforms that
> I can't even think how to proceed.  As I see it, I can either maintain
> multiple source trees, or give up trying to build afs a piece at a time and
> only build all or nothing.  Neither prospect is very appealing.

lndir/mklinks? VPATH support would be nice but will be more work, but is
in my opinion the obvious in-band way to solve this. In the meantime I'm
using mklinks more or less as I have for years.

-D