[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Using tmpfs for afs cache

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:40:52 -0600

"Charles Karney" wrote:

>Recent Linux kernel support tmpfs with semantics similar to Solaris.  This
>gets installed by default with RedHat 7.2.  Here is a portion of the
>documentation for the kernel configuration:

Having that fs available in linux is very cool.  Too bad for afs, afsd oops's
when you try to start it with a tmpfs cache mounted.

If I have time, I'll try to debug it.  If anyone else wants to, there are many
who could find out the problem much faster than me.  :)

Dave