[OpenAFS-devel] AFS Authentication through LDAP

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Dec 2001 10:24:00 -0500

The problem is that "LDAP Authentication" is really a misnomer.
LDAP problems a centralized database for password storage, but
it is NOT a Network Authentication System ala Kerberos (upon
which AFS Authentication is based).

Even if you could graft the AFS utilities onto LDAP, you couldn't
use your existing passwords anyways (because they wont get you
Kerberos tickets).

-derek