[OpenAFS-devel] What's the sparc code doing with the frame pointer in process.c?

Adam Thornton adam@fsf.net
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:15:20 -0600

I'm still not getting processes to correctly dispatch under 1.0.2 on
Linux/390.

I notice that in the process.c code, that the sparc Linux contains an
entry for the frame pointer register as well.  However, I really don't
understand the line that makes use of it, namely:

   jmpBuffer[LWP_FP] = (jmp_buf_type)sp;

Why are we setting the stack pointer into the frame pointer register
(or, I guess, into the slot that's going to become the FP register in
the longjmp, if you want to be pedantic)?  I don't want to try this code
on the S/390 side until I understand what's going on here.

Adam