[OpenAFS-devel] Suse 7.0 openafs client segmentation fault

Lars Jonsson Lars.Jonsson@giga-gruppen.se
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:38:15 +0100

I have lxsuse installed and compiled afs from it..
with loff_t  i_size  in the struct inode..

	-----Original Message-----=20
	From: Hans Ranke=20
	Sent: on 2001-02-21 13:19=20
	To: Lars Jonsson=20
	Cc: har@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de=20
	Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Suse 7.0 openafs client
segmentation fault=20
=09

	Lars Jonsson <Lars.Jonsson@giga-gruppen.se> wrote:
=09
	> I have problem getting AFS client working with suse 7.0
	> When I try to start it up it will seg fault..=3D
=09
	Be sure to have the correct set of kernel include files
installed
	that corresponds to your kernel, when you compile afs.
=09
	Standard SuSE installs the headers for a plain 2.2.16 kernel,
	not the kernel with SuSE modifications. I think you need to
	install the packet lxsuse.
=09
	Look at /usr/include/linux/fs.h, struct inode:
	in the standard 2.2.16 kernel it has off_t i_size, while
	the SuSE kernel has loff_t i_size.
=09
	Regards, Hans
=09