[OpenAFS-devel] timeframe for krb5 + openafs w/o krb524d?

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:13:44 -0600

Any idea on when we might see openafs kernel and fileserver support that
could use krb5 tickets directly, eliminating the need for krb524d?

The reason I ask is, if it can be made to use krb5 tickets directly without
conversion, then a non-MIT KDC can be used as your authentication source.
(Yeah, you know what one I'm talking about... not my choice...)

Alternatively, how hard would it be to implement a krb524d that operated
against a different kdc. Presuming it could be given the password for the
krbtgt and afs principals?

-- Nathan