[OpenAFS-devel] Kernel 2.4.0 Oops when afs is shutting down

Michael Pronath michael.pronath@gmx.de
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:27:25 +0100

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:52:10 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> You're running SMP, right?

No, just a plain single Pentium 3.

> What happens, as best I can tell, is that we signal the listener, which
> is sitting in wait_for_packet, and then we close the socket while still
> in wait_for_packet, which oopses because we cleared its locked
> structure out from under it.  I couldn't figure out the appropriate
> lock we should be holding; we may need to invent a new one.

I inserted a call to sys_wait4 between the killing and the release_socket,
but it didn't help.  Maybe use SIGTERM instead of SIGKILL first, then wait,
then release the socket (just a guess, I don't know anything about how AFS
works internally)?

Michael