[OpenAFS-devel] Windows Client

Dave Koziol dkoziol@dragonflymobile.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:48:33 -0500

> From: Michael Nelson [mailto:mikenel@iapetus.com]
>
> I have posted my current Win2K patches (in mailbox format) at:
>
> http://www.iapetus.com/mikenel/afs-patches-0117
>
> All of these have been submitted to the gatekeepers, so hopefully they
> will end up in some future version of the AFS distribution.

All of the patches you submitted are in cvs.  Originally I had forgotten to
adjust my LANA ID.  Once I did that I was able to browse AFS.

> The "patch to make logins work" is only necessary if you don't want to or
> can't use the AFSLOGIN/AFSLOG95 extensions that hook into the Windows
> login process (it requires the Microsoft SDK/DDK). That patch is more of a
> hack than anything, so it wasn't submitted.

I'm not currently using the integrated login stuff, so this patch was
important to get things working for me.  Without this patch, my tickets
appeared to disappear after about 2 minutes of AFS inactivity.

Thanks for your help!

Dave Koziol                  | koziol@dragonflymobile.com
Software Engineering Manager |
Dragonfly Mobile             | http://www.dragonflymobile.com