[OpenAFS-devel] Port 2040

Adam Thornton adam@fsf.net
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:42:15 -0600

On the S/390 port, I've gotten most things working, except the
volumeserver will not come up.  The error appears to be that it cannot
connect to the correct port, 2040 (on localhost--why weren't domain
sockets used for purely local connections?), in fssync.c.

My question is, which process or piece of AFS is supposed to be
listening to 2040, and where should the routine to initialize that be
getting called from?

*IS* there some nice high-level architectural guide that would give me a
good view of how the pieces of AFS fit together?  I feel like I'm
wandering around a city with no map and no street signs; every so often
I happen upon something good, but if I had a Big Picture, life would be
much easier.

Adam