[OpenAFS-devel] RE: OpenAFS CVS Commit: openafs/src/venus by shadow

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:54:11 -0500

--On Friday, January 19, 2001 04:13:43 PM -0600 "Neulinger, Nathan R."
<nneul@umr.edu> wrote:

> I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have kdump be done by the kernel
> module itself instead of being an external executable specific to each
> kernel? i.e. similar to how 'fs' has hooks into the kernel, have a kdump
> hook that could return all that data in a kernel-structure-independent
> manner.

My personal opinion is that it would be useful; However, I'm not
volunteering to do it. At least, not now.