[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS compiling in VC++ 6

Dave Koziol dkoziol@dragonflymobile.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:12:22 -0500

> From: openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org
> [mailto:openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org]On Behalf Of ???
>
> there are some minor problems when trying to compile OpenAFS
>
> there was no "NTMakeFile.version" at the directory.
> but NTMakeFile wishes to delete the file. so NMake stops and
> returns error.
>
> Does anybody succeed in compile in Windows environment?

I've built everything with VC6++ under Win2K.  I'll try to answer any
questions you might have.

Apparently, under VC 5, if del failed, it didn't halt the build.  The
problem you are having will happen in lots of places.  I've addressed this
problem with the following change to ntmakefile.i386_nt40

*** c:\openafs\src\config\ntmakefile.i386_nt40	Mon Jan 22 03:36:04 2001
--- c:\afs\openafs\src\config\ntmakefile.i386_nt40	Mon Nov 06 15:49:16 2000
***************
*** 113,119 ****

  # Command macros.
  COPY = copy
! DEL = -2del
  MKDIR = mkdir
  REN = ren
  ECHO = echo
--- 113,119 ----

  # Command macros.
  COPY = copy
! DEL = del
  MKDIR = mkdir
  REN = ren
  ECHO = echo

I'm not sure if this change is compatible with VC 5, since I don't have
access to that version, but if someone could let me know, that would be
great so that we could get something checked in that builds with both
versions.

Dave Koziol                  | koziol@dragonflymobile.com
Software Engineering Manager |
Dragonfly Mobile             | http://www.dragonflymobile.com